Saturday 2 March 2013

How To DJ

Samcon
Samcon Samcon
Step 1: Start With The Basics
- So If You Want To Start Being a DJ, First Things First... You Need To Go Buy Some DJ Equipment. No Need For Some 3000$ Equipment, I Would Suggest a Nice Mixer Table With Two Turntables, a Little EQ Station, Volum Knobs, Pitch Knobs, Hotkeys And With Cue Buttons. No Need To Go All Professional All At Once, YOUR JUST STARTING!!!!


Step 2: Get Inspired, Learn From The Pro's
- So If You Want To Be One Of Those Professional TV DJ's (Like DJ Pauly D, Skrillex, David Guetta, Deadmau5...), You Need To Watch There Strategies And Do As They Do, Get Inspired By Someone!!


Step 3: Learn To Mix Beats (AKA Beat-Matching)
- So The Main Thing About DJ'ing Is Switching One Track To Another... Well That I Can't Describe In Words How To Do, But Here's a Video Link Were I Learned How To Beat-Match!!!

Step 4: Know Your Music
- Well This One Is Pretty Obvious... Learn About ALL The Music Out There, Do Research!!!

Step 5: Drop Some Samples
- Go On The Internet, And Search For Some Sick/Cool Samples/Drum Loops/Vocals And Use Them As You Play a Song (Make Sure To Be Precise On When You Use Them, Think If It Would Sound Good)!!

Step 6: Drop Some Effects
- Put Some Glitch, Flange, Chorus, Phase... As You Play Music... Make The Song Yours!!!


Step 7: Find a Gig
So This Step Says It All In The Title "Find a Gig", Doesn't Matter How Big, Doesn't Matter If Your Getting Paid Or Not, It's For Experience Bonuses!! My First Gig Was At This Small House With 25 People, Didn't Get Paid, It Was My Friend's Party, But The Next Gig I Had Was With 300 People!!!! So Start Small, Grow Big!!

Step 8: BE CREATIVE
- Do Your Thing, If Your Creative, Invent Some Sick Club Music, Do Sick Club Music Remixes!!!

Step 9: Contact Me!
If You Would Like To Join My Mailing List For More Tips And Updates On My Musician Life "Samcon" Scroll To The End And Ether Join My Mailing List, Listen To My Music, Or Download My App, For The App's Link, Go To My Reverbnation Account https://www.reverbnation.com/officialsamcon 

________More To Come Soon________



Samcon Samcon

No comments:

Post a Comment